What is a Cloverbud?
Cloverbuds are 4-Hers, ages 5 to 8, not turning 9 by September 30th. The Cloverbud program is a great way to introduce new 4-Hers and their families to 4-H.
When do Cloverbuds meet?
Members come the meetings and may also participate in county programs as well such as Presentation Day, and Recognition Night, Share the Fun, and Camps. At the club meetings Cloverbuds may have a special activity, usually a craft, while Parliamentary Procedure is being conducted.
Additional Ideas for field trips or special activities:
Adult leaders (parents of Cloverbuds) may want to plan field trips for their Cloverbuds.
- Fall apple picking or corn maze fun
- Shenandoah Valley Discovery Museum (www.discoverymuseum.net)
- Dinosaur Land (www.dinosaurland.com)
- All About Music (Music of Life worksheet)
- Bike Driving & Safety (worksheets available in Cloverbud Book)
- Tasting Experiment (taste test with sweet, sour, bitter, salty)
- American Flag Etiquette